Welcome to "rhazesfootballcrazy.blogspot.com" ........... its all about football!!!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Afellay: “It is very special to be here”

Dutch player Ibrahim Afellay, who arrived on Thursday in Barcelona to close his deal with Barça, has said he is delighted but a little nervous to be here at what he considers the club in the world.
On arriving in Barcelona from Holland at 11.50, Ibrahim Afellay moved to the Camp Nou to finalise his transfer to Barça. After posing for the traditional photo with the club crest, he had a few words with Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.cat. “It is very special to be here, I’m very happy” he said. 

Asked about his first day in Barcelona, the Dutchman said “I’m a bit nervous, but that’s normal, I am at the best club in the world, it’s an amazing club … I’m just enjoying the moment”. 
The 24 year old added that “It hasn’t quite sunk in what I’ve achieved … I have just arrived, this is my first day in the city, but I don’t think it will take long for me to fully realise what’s happened”. 
He knows how important it is to be joining the side coached by Josep Guardiola: “It is one big dream” he said. “Every player’s dreams of coming to Barça. Ask any player in the world and they’ll tell you they want to play here, where they play the best football in the world”.



(source : fcbarcelona.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger