Welcome to "rhazesfootballcrazy.blogspot.com" ........... its all about football!!!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Mourinho slams referees again

Jose Mourinho has praised his Real Madrid team - and himself - but blasted the referee after his side's battling 1-0 victory over Sevilla on Sunday, asking the club to do more to defend his team against poor officiating.



Real had nine players booked and Ricardo Carvalho questionably sent off at the Bernabeu, prompting Mourinho to hold up a piece of paper listing 13 errors made by referee Carlos Clos Gomez in a heated post-match press conference.
Mourinho had vented his ire towards the match officials following last weekend's game at Real Zaragoza, complaining his side were not being treated in the same way as others after Xabi Alonso and Marcelo picked up bookings which ruled them out of the Sevilla game.
"There were 13 serious errors from the referee. If I talk about them, I won't be at the next game,'' said Mourinho, who has served two separate touchline bans recently for different offences. "In the last press conference you asked me if I was tired. I don't feel under pressure when I'm doing what I like, and I like to coach. I'm tired of this. My team deserves to be defended. If I say what I think, tomorrow I'm on the front pages and suspended.
"There is a club, with a structure, and I want them to defend my team, not only me. I want to talk with the president (Florentino Perez). I have a good personal relationship with the club, even though we think different things. Today I prefer to say that I have a fantastic team.''
The match itself was a largely forgettable one, with Clos Gomez taking centre stage after dishing out 12 yellow cards in all as well as dismissing Carvalho and Sevilla's Mouhamadou Dabo, who was shown a straight red card in injury-time. Angel Di Maria's 77th minute strike kept Real two points behind Barcelona in the title race.
Mourinho hailed his players but also admitted the match was far from pretty, saying: "My team's character is out of this world. With important players missing, they've achieved what seemed impossible. Tonight's victory will be very frustrating for those who wanted us to fall four or five points behind Barcelona. This makes us stronger. Everything was set up for us to drop points, but we didn't.
"There wasn't any sort of game. It was too ugly. I wouldn't have paid to see this game. At home I would have put on Eurosport to see a game from the Vietnam league.''
A typically self-confident Mourinho also turned his attentions to his previous club, Inter Milan, who won the FIFA Club World Cup on the weekend having qualified thanks to his Champions League success with them last season.
"I am very happy and feel very proud for Inter Milan's success in the FIFA Club World Cup. It was a great pleasure to train them, just as it is to coach Real Madrid. I thought Rafa Benitez would thank me for practically winning the title for him, but... Inter Milan fans would tell you how they really feel about it."
Prior to the Sevilla match, Mourinho grabbed headlines with a self-appraisal rating his personal performance in 2010 as better than perfect.
He said: "On a scale of one to ten, I would have to give myself an 11. 2010 has been the perfect year for me, the best year of my career. I won every title I played for last season and I have lost none of my chances to win more titles at Real Madrid this time."

(source : espn)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger